Saturday 4 March 2017

The Mascot



For the mascot, I looked at two characters that I had designed. I wanted to try and include them on a business card so I mocked up a few designs 
The first idea I had was to create an illustration of the mascot in an action pose. I took two characters that I had designed and painted them in a minimal style instead of the normal cel-shading. This was so the quality looked better and more presentable. 

After painting the two characters I decided to stick with the fire character as it was the main character in the first animated short I made. I drew him out in some more poses. When looking at my branding I want people to be able to recognise that I am an animator so I thought an action sheet for the character incorporated into the design would stand out and help get that message across.



After doing the action sheet I decided to also do a rough model sheet in blue pencil with a rendered action pose. I chose to do blue pencil because it helps reinforces the association with animation as it is the industry standard for drafting. I also did a version where the character gets progressively more rendered to signify the different stages in animation and helps build up on that association.  


No comments:

Post a Comment